Re: Please replace (C) with © in copyrightnotices

> Can someone please give me a hint (webpage, FAQ, Howto), how to use
> Emacs and po-mode with utf-8 (on Red Hat 8.0)?
>
> Thanks,
> Andras Timar

I was wondering about that myself too, so I did some reading in the
emacss manual. (BTW I'm using Red Hat 8.0 too)
Emacs uses a priority-list of coding systems depending on the selected
language environment. You can do
C-h C [RET]
to see the coding systems currently in use.

and do
M-x prefer-coding-system [RET] utf-8
to set the prefered coding system to UTF-8

I just checked if my po file, after adding some non ascii-characters and
saving it, was still in UTF-8  with:

...$ file my_utf8_file.po
 my_utf8_file.po: UTF-8 Unicode English text

--Tino Meinen