Re: Hebrew translation of GNOME 2 - Take II

mån 2002-08-26 klockan 12.36 skrev Gil 'Dolfin' Osher:
> Thank you very much!
> I'll start translate ASAP.
>
> But, just to make sure I know the routine:
> Every file that I'll translate, I need to send to the mailing list.
> Or I'm getting CVS access and upload it myself?

You shouldn't send them to the mailing list, send them instead to
someone with cvs access. That can be me or Kjartan or someone else on
#i18n on irc.gnome.org.

Currently I'm having hardware problems, I need to return the mainboard
on my main workstation, so I won't have too quick turnaround times
myself, though. You may have better luck sending the files to someone
else.

Some steps that are good to always do before you send a po file to
someone is to:

1) make sure the file is encoded in UTF-8 (for GNOME2 translations)
2) make sure that it passes a test with "msgfmt -Ccv he.po"
3) for example gzip the file before attaching it to a mail (otherwise,
some mailers tend to do bad things with the encoding).

When you have contributed a few translations, you may apply for a cvs
account.