language information in http://www.gnome.org/i18n/

I was wondering why the local language names in the page:

   http://www.gnome.org/i18n/

don't have HTML language names specified. Something like:

   fi: Finnish (<span lang="fi">Suomea</span>)

for Finnish. This is useful for both browsers (they can use a Japanese
font for Japanese text, and a Chinese font for a Chinese text)  and search
engines (or any other automatic script that can make language information
to good use). See <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/dirlang.html> for
information on the 'lang' attribute.

It should be very easy to do, I just don't know the WML way of doing
things, and if 'xml:lang' may be preferred, for example.

roozbeh

--
Roozbeh Pournader               | Sometimes I forget to reply to emails.
Sharif University of Technology | Some other times I don't find the time.