Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: GIMP Tip of the Day messages

Am Die, 2001-10-02 um 18.57 schrieb 1002041867:

> I'm all for it. I have already considered doing such a change in gimp
> HEAD. I'd favor a separate translation domain for the tips since we
> could avoid to bind to this domain until the tips dialog is actually
> shown. A header file with static strings should probably do the trick
> most easily or do you think an XML file would give any advantages?

If we go for XML (which is definitely a good idea) we should use it
also for our config files and drop the homebrewn parser. Maybe we can
get away with simply using the new glib-2.0 functions instead of adding
an dependency on libxml or similar.

--
Servus,
       Daniel