Re: releasese reminder

On 20 Jul 2001 15:34:39 +0200, Zbigniew Chyla wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-07-20 at 08:06:18, Chema Celorio wrote:
>
> > > b) Is pkg-config a part of GNOME 1.x platform?!
> >
> > I don't know. Why are you asking ?
>
> If it's not than maybe you shouldn't depend on it. GNOME 1.x apps/libraries
> tend to use old *-config scripts.

gnome-vfs use pkgconfig too AFAIK. pkg-config is a lot cleaner than the
hacks we need to use when using configure scripts.

We also depend on a number of libraries that as far as i know are not
considered the gnome 1. platform. Libraries that come to mind : gal,
gtkhtml, bonobo-conf.

When we started working on the control center the idea of doing a GNOME
1.4.1 release was not arround.

regards,
Chema