Re: Which is the state of my proposal of use bugzilla?

Telsa Gwynne <hobbit@aloss.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

> There is another way you can do it.

Yes, that's what I thought all the time :)

Don't bury translation bugs within the bugzilla system.  If the user
want to report a translation bug on gnome-core, German ('de') flavor,
bug-buddy (or the user) has to learn to call these commands on a RPM
based system:

#!/bin/bash
# bug-translator.sh
program=$1
lang=${2:-$LANG}
msgfile=$(rpm -ql $program | grep LC_MESSAGES/$program.mo | head -1)
TEXTDOMAINDIR=${msgfile%/*/LC_MESSAGES/$program.mo} LANG=$lang \
  gettext $program "" | sed -n -e '
s/^Last-Translator: //p
s/^Language-Team: //p'

On my system this script prints when called as:

    bug-translator.sh gnome-core

or as

    bug-translator.sh gnome-core de_DE

    Christian Meyer <chrisime@gnome.org>
    German <gnome-de@gnome.org>

And that's were to report the gnome-core 'de' bugs.  And Cc: to the
bugzilla system:

    gnome-core, translation, keyword 'l10n-de'; or:
    translation, l10n-de, keyword: gnome-core.

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o