Re: Which is the state of my proposal of use bugzilla?

El d_ 01 Aug 2001 16:51:41 +0100, Telsa Gwynne escribi_
> Hi from a lurker here.
>
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 03:00:29PM +0200 or thereabouts, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> > El d_ 01 Aug 2001 13:50:03 +0100, Michael Twomey escribi_
> > > Hi,
> > > 	Looking at the examples I see the problems you are talking about.
> > >
> > > The main issues I see are:
> > > 1. Email notification
>
> There is a way to have this work by saying "the owner of this component
> is component-maint@bugzilla.gnome.org and then adding component-maint
> and email addresses into halloween/bugzilla.gnome.org/maint-aliases.txt
> but it's a bit of a complicated solution. It does, however, work.

Yes, but the problem is that every translator will get all the bugs for
his/her team.

> > > 2. Product/Component/Version
> > > Product | Module
> > > a. gnome-libs, etc. | l10n-de, l10n-es...
> > > b. Localization | l10n-all, l10n-de, l10n-es...
> > > c. l10n-de, l10n-es... | gnome-libs, gnome-core...
>
> The way we are dealing with docs bugs is to have a "docs" component
> in different products. But the initial docs are in English. You could
> have a "l10n" component, but there would be no real way to subdivide
> it into languages then. And that would be a problem. I think
>  suggestion (b) is the best of those.
>
> There is another way you can do it. We (a group of people with
> time to play with bugzilla) are trying to make heavy use of keywords.
> Keywords are very good for queries. We can very easily add keywords
> about l10n/i18n.

I don't know anything about keywords, sorry :-(

> I normally try to trim cc's rather than add to them. But it might
> well be worth cc'ing replies to this to one (or both) of these lists:
>
> bugmaster@gnome.org	the people with the privs for messing with
> the bugzilla installation on the gnome.org machines, and people with
> bugzilla privs for adding accounts and products and components and
> stuff. Useful if you want to know technical stuff. I'm not sure how
> you get on/off this list, mind you :)

I have just create the l10n-es module at bugzilla.gnome.org and some
modules to test the utility of the solution (c), but i don't see the
l10n-es product with bug-buddy, Why?