Re: Which is the state of my proposal of use bugzilla?

Hi from a lurker here.

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 03:00:29PM +0200 or thereabouts, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> El d_ 01 Aug 2001 13:50:03 +0100, Michael Twomey escribi_
> > Hi,
> > 	Looking at the examples I see the problems you are talking about.
> >
> > The main issues I see are:
> > 1. Email notification

There is a way to have this work by saying "the owner of this component
is component-maint@bugzilla.gnome.org and then adding component-maint
and email addresses into halloween/bugzilla.gnome.org/maint-aliases.txt
but it's a bit of a complicated solution. It does, however, work.

> > 2. Product/Component/Version
> > Product | Module
> > a. gnome-libs, etc. | l10n-de, l10n-es...
> > b. Localization | l10n-all, l10n-de, l10n-es...
> > c. l10n-de, l10n-es... | gnome-libs, gnome-core...

The way we are dealing with docs bugs is to have a "docs" component
in different products. But the initial docs are in English. You could
have a "l10n" component, but there would be no real way to subdivide
it into languages then. And that would be a problem. I think
 suggestion (b) is the best of those.

There is another way you can do it. We (a group of people with
time to play with bugzilla) are trying to make heavy use of keywords.
Keywords are very good for queries. We can very easily add keywords
about l10n/i18n.

I normally try to trim cc's rather than add to them. But it might
well be worth cc'ing replies to this to one (or both) of these lists:

bugmaster@gnome.org	the people with the privs for messing with
the bugzilla installation on the gnome.org machines, and people with
bugzilla privs for adding accounts and products and components and
stuff. Useful if you want to know technical stuff. I'm not sure how
you get on/off this list, mind you :)

gnome-bugsquad@gnome.org	the people trying to hoover up
bugzilla bugs and categorise and sort them and stuff. This is a
standard mailman thing.

Both these lists are fairly quiet, but they do have people who are
used to gnome bugzilla on them.

Telsa