Re: open translations database

As a "weekend translator", this is my point-of-vision:

We are all "fighting" with the padronization of the translation
messages and so on.

I think we can reduce a huge amount of translatable messages if we got
some "default" messages, and just use them instead of translate again
in a new potfile.

So, what about a internationalized and/or a localized module, with the
frequently used messages, and just linking them in our progs? I mean,
if we had some i18n potfile, and something like "g_print
(i18n_QUIT_MESSAGE);", having the i18n_QUIT_MESSAGE in a default i18n
file, we reduces the translation time and padronizes them.

I really don't know if this will be a simple implementation, we cannot
forgot the size of gnome nowadays. But again, i think will be a good
thing.

Let's continue the good work and getting more ideas. Surely the "light
at the end of tunnel" is near.

Alexandre Hautequest
hquest@fesppr.br

Esta mensagem foi enviada pelo WebMail da FESP (http://www.fesppr.br/).