Re: About GNOME 2.0 - The end of a dream

Daniel Veillard wrote:

> > >   This is not the point.
> > > Do you agree that we should have a formal process to get a new piece of code
> > > added to the Gnome platform:
> > >    - yes
> > >    - no
> > >
> > >   Don't make convolution around it, it's the real question at stake !
> >
> > I disagree, we do not need an formal process if someone writes a new bonobo Moniker,
> > because I think that we already agreed to use bonobo. So what piece of code your are
> > talking about? We have added nothing to the Gnome platform, only reused the existing
> > PropertyBag interface and Monikers.
>
>   Basically the decision was to remove GConf.
>
> s/get a new piece of code added to/change the design/

And that is simply not true. Yes, we have removed the GConf compile time dependency,
because it is no longer necessary. We have turned it into a dynamic dependency using
monikers. So I consider this mail as totally pointless. Instead of doing something useful
you construct artificial problem. Please notice that our change has absolutely zero
influence to any application. It is only a change in how we access configuration inside
libgnome.