Iain's 'state the obvious' mail before holidays

We have one chance to get things right, and not have to spend the next 2.5
years apologising for wrong decisions made.

I'm not advocating either gconf or bconf, I don't know jack about either
of them. I would like to see technical discussions so someone somewhere[1]
can make a decision on which one to use, as the current 'ugly
bastardisation hybrid gconf body/bconf head' plan doesn't sit right with
me [2].

holiday iain
[1] The board (it's why we elected them), someone on the street, don't
care
[2] Enh, what ever does?