Re: Intolerable CVS behaviour

Hi,

> > We should simply spent more time educating people about CVS and what the
> > usage rules are.
>
> `We should' sounds like you are voluntering to contact every single
> person with CVS access, establish contact, explain to them, get an ack
> back, and if no ack is received shut down his account.  Is this what
> you are suggesting?

No, I am not suggesting that. It seemed like ACL's were being presented
as the solution to every
known problem with CVS. This is incorrect. You can still commit 'wrong'
changes, although you
can commit to fewer modules (only the ones you have access too). So the
ACL's don't remove the
need for some education/guidelines/rules.

I do find it weird though that we can't even trust the people who we
give CVS access anymore to
play by the rules. Doesn't this indicate a bigger/other problem?

Yours sincerely,

Almer S. Tigelaar