Re: Intolerable CVS behaviour

Dear Miguel

(sorry if you get this twice)

> We could develop a web-based system, or a hacked gtranslator that
> would pull the `po' files and allow contributors to commit them,
> without risking any problems.

Even though this may be true, I don't understand how/why we get from
someone who commits wrong 'code' to CVS to this whole translation issue again.

Web translation interfaces are very counter-productive, I love my emacs
PO mode. Restricting access
to /po directories under a module might be acceptable to some. But will
be impractical if e.g. support for
a new language is added to an application (translator has to contact
maintainer to update configure.in, wait for acknowledgement, etc..) .
Also, I think the most active L10N people also do a lot of I18N related
stuff, so access
to the whole module is preferable anyway.

I really don't see the big *scary* cvs screw-up issue here, I for one
will stop translating (to dutch) if I have to use a web-interface for
the sole purpose of translating.

Yours sincerely,

Almer S. Tigelaar