Re: Intolerable CVS behaviour

> Let me give you an example:
>
> Yesterday I went through dia and fixed up a whole bunch of i18n
> related stuff like .c files not including <config.h> at the top and a
> bunch of .h files that did #include <config.h> which made dia not
> work at all wrt translations. This kind of work will be impossible
> with the setup you're proposing.
>
> There are quite a few translators that do more than the mere
> dumping of updated .po files to the GNOME CVS and I think
> we'll end up loosing valuable contributions this way.

My reasons are as follows:

	* There are two sets of contributors when it comes to
          internationalization: translators (localization) and
          internationalizators (the ones that go fixing C code for
          example).

	* We have granted permission to many translators to the CVS,
          because our only mechanism to update translations is to pull
          the sources out, translate and commit.

	* Translators have in the past make changes outside the scope
          of the "po" directory.

We could develop a web-based system, or a hacked gtranslator that
would pull the `po' files and allow contributors to commit them,
without risking any problems.

Miguel.