Re: My vision of gnome-libs (was Re: GNOME 2.0 meeting summary)

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com> writes:
> OK; although I think there should be two levels of this,
> GNOME_DISABLE_DEPRECATED and GNOME_ENABLE_COMPAT (where you have to
> explicitly ask for really old stuff). Havoc, woudl you mind posting
> the Gtk deprecation policy you posted on gtk-devel-list a while back
> so we can consider using a similar policy for gnome-libs?

Well, we ended up simplifying it a lot. We now have two things:

 GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED - brackets stuff that has a replacement that
                          should be used in new code instead. the
                          deprecated stuff will be removed whenever
                          we decide it's a good idea, no fixed policy.

 GTK_ENABLE_BROKEN - brackets actively buggy/broken stuff, like
                     GtkTree. This stuff will likely disappear
                     quickly.

So there's not really much of a policy, KISS.

Havoc