Re: My vision of gnome-libs (was Re: GNOME 2.0 meeting summary)

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:

> h) Other things which I'd like to have integrated in gnome-libs
>
> In the last few months, several cool and nice things have been developed
> in GNOME. We should have a look around at all these nice things and discuss
> whether we should move some of this stuff into gnome-libs. Especially in
> libnautilus and libnautilus-extensions there seems to be such stuff.
>
> For instance, what I'd like to see in libgnomeui is:
>
> - this nice icon list / icon canvas item stuff
> - maybe some stuff from gal

One important item I did not see mentioned is to remove gnome-config
and change everything in gnome-libs that uses gnome-config to use
GConf. The whole central manageability thing that GConf is supposed to
provide will not work unless GConf is used pervasively.

Fortunately, most of these changes out to be API-transparent except
for the part of actually removing gnome-config.

 - Maciej