Re: My vision of gnome-libs (was Re: GNOME 2.0 meeting summary)

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 05:04:35AM -0800, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > Plust there are a LOT of apps that use it.  it's use for new things should be
> > discouraged, but we can't remove it.
>
> Sounds to me like the public entry points should go in libcompat.

That would be on crack.  libcompat is not linked into normal programs unles
they request it.  So it must be in stable lib.  What could be done is to make
the public header only available when a define is set, and it would be
available inside libgnome and libgnomeui

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior