Re: My vision of gnome-libs (was Re: GNOME 2.0 meeting summary)

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I think libcompat is a bit wrong for exactly this reason - you get
> circular dependencies between libcompat and gnome-libs for example.
>
> Why not just leave the stuff in libgnome(ui) and do #ifndef
> GNOME_DISABLE_DEPRECATED, consistent with GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED.

OK; although I think there should be two levels of this,
GNOME_DISABLE_DEPRECATED and GNOME_ENABLE_COMPAT (where you have to
explicitly ask for really old stuff). Havoc, woudl you mind posting
the Gtk deprecation policy you posted on gtk-devel-list a while back
so we can consider using a similar policy for gnome-libs?

 - Maciej