Re: tasklist applet, shared library version.

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
> I've had to answer quite a few questions from users about how to readd
> them, both here at Red Hat and at trade shows; users are not able to
> locate them in the menu, and often don't even really have an idea that
> they are not simply part of the panel.
>
> Of course, the correct answer here is most likely: "the desk-guide
> should not crash."

I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a more "locked down" mode
for the panel, where a fixed set of applets is automatically
maintained, and you can't remove those locked applets.

This along with letting sysadmins configure the applets the
locked-down mode contains would be a useful feature for 2.0.

Havoc