Re: tasklist applet, shared library version.

George <jirka 5z com> writes:

> > > If deskguide crashes it's somewhat ok (well not really, it sucks badly, but
> > > not AS badly), if the whole panel crashes, that is bad.
> >
> > Well, the panel has the auto-restart feature set up, so it is not as
> > *bad* as you make it sound.
>
> It's not the end of the world, but I think it is much worse if the entire
> panel goes down.  Even though it restarts it's not really good.

One thing I would point out is that having the desk-guide (or
tasklisk) vanish off the panel is seriously bad; worse than the panel
crashing and restarting.

I've had to answer quite a few questions from users about how to readd
them, both here at Red Hat and at trade shows; users are not able to
locate them in the menu, and often don't even really have an idea that
they are not simply part of the panel.

Of course, the correct answer here is most likely: "the desk-guide
should not crash."

                                        Owen