Re: Subversion migration schedule (cut-off Fri 18 Mar)

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 10:32:29AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> > I don't know Ross's exact plans for anonymous SVN, but it is only a
> > few minutes to set up anonymous access to a SVN repository using
> > mod_svn; it's really trivial to make things available as, say:
> >
> >  svn checkout http://anonsvn.gnome.org/svn/libxml2 libxml2
>
>   So will it be done ? can then a cron job update a directory, if yes that
> solves one of my questions.

This is both incredibly easy and mind-bendingly useful. Not only
could you have a cron-script handle an `svn up` in a directory you
checked out, identically to CVS, you can also browse with a standard
web browser or a WebDAV client.

I suspect a standard "how SVN works for CVS users" document exists,
if not we should write one. Most of the commands are identical (co,
up, ci, etc.)
Branching and tagging is a bit more interesting (but quite sensible
once you realise how SVN works).
ViewCVS will still work, Bonsai still works apparently.
Lots of new things work (mv, rm, cp, etc.).
And now you can wget a version straight from revision control ;)
(without having tested `wget -r --no-parent
http://svn.gnome.org/libxml2/tags/LIBXML2_2_0_0` should conceivably
work as a command).

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA