Re: GNOME Contributor's Survey

Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm commsecure com au> writes:

> On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 04:53, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> > It's time for the very first GNOME Contributor's survey.  The purpose of
> > this survey is to help the release team get a good feel of where you
> > expect GNOME to go.  If you maintain or help with any code or project in
> > GNOME, please fill it out.  We're hoping to hear from everyone who helps
> > shape the GNOME desktop and platform.  We want as many contributors to
> > reply here as possible.
>
> To me this looks like a GNOME Module Maintainer's survey, rather than
> Contributors (the email address for answers reinforces this). I do not
> maintain a single module in the platform or desktop release, so nothing
> except question 5 can be answered by me. And yet my contribution to
> GNOME is not zero (and possibly even net positive).

As you noticed, this was originally called the maintainer's survey but
the name was changed to make it clear that we wanted to hear from all
contributors.  I just didn't want to go to the effort of renaming the
mailing list.  We really want to hear from those who (as you put it)
make a positive contribution to GNOME.  If you aren't sure, just fill it
out.

Thanks,
-Jonathan