GNOME Contributor's Survey

It's time for the very first GNOME Contributor's survey.  The purpose of
this survey is to help the release team get a good feel of where you
expect GNOME to go.  If you maintain or help with any code or project in
GNOME, please fill it out.  We're hoping to hear from everyone who helps
shape the GNOME desktop and platform.  We want as many contributors to
reply here as possible.

The release team will then distill the results of this survey into a
road map of where the whole project is headed.  It should help us know
what to expect in the future, know what issues to avoid down the road,
and identify parts of GNOME that need recruiting people to work on.  It
should also help us all get on the same page.

We know that most of us work on GNOME for fun, so if you say something
now and then decide later that it just isn't going to happen, we won't
hold it against you at all.  But please do try to be realistic.

THE SURVEY:

0) What part of GNOME do you work on?  Which module do you maintain or
   contribute to?

1) What features are you planning on adding to your module for 2.6?a

2) Which features do you expect to get done for 2.8 or later?

3) In the long run, where do you see your project going.  What's the
   long term vision for it?  What problems do you hope to solve?

4) What features do you need from the rest of GNOME to achieve your
   vision?  What features would you like to see the core library stack
   develop?

5) (Optional demographic question) How long have you been working on
   GNOME

Please send your answers to maintainers-survey gnome org   We will keep
all comments private unless you explicitly give permission to quote
them.  If you have any questions about the questions, or as to what the
point of the survey is, mail release-team gnome org

Thanks,
-Jonathan (for the release team)