Re: Daemons [Was: gob inside gnome-vfs ...]
- From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- Cc: vfs <gnome-vfs ximian com>, GNOME Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Daemons [Was: gob inside gnome-vfs ...]
- Date: 26 Jun 2002 10:28:55 +0200
On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 13:23, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Alexander Larsson">
> > Can we please have some sort of password/authentication caching daemon.
> Hmm. Perhaps there should be some discussion at the summit about user
> daemons, where they're appropriate, and how many we have. GNOME 2.0 already
> has a whole bunch.
I think most things can be done in gnome-session, right? There could be
just simple modules (GModule's) for every extra functionality. Thus,
when some process asks for authentication, an authentication cache
module would be loaded, and the same for every other extra stuff.
gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev