Re: Daemons [Was: gob inside gnome-vfs ...]

Le mer 26/06/2002 à 10:28, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
> On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 13:23, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Alexander Larsson">
> >
> > > Can we please have some sort of password/authentication caching daemon.
> >
> > Hmm. Perhaps there should be some discussion at the summit about user
> > daemons, where they're appropriate, and how many we have. GNOME 2.0 already
> > has a whole bunch.
> >
> I think most things can be done in gnome-session, right? There could be
> just simple modules (GModule's) for every extra functionality. Thus,
> when some process asks for authentication, an authentication cache
> module would be loaded, and the same for every other extra stuff.

Some people might not want gnome-session to run to run Gnome
applications which contain CORBA components activated through
bonobo-activation which sounds pretty sensible... ie: take a KDE desktop
user...

Mathieu

> cheers

Mathieu Lacage <mathieu_lacage realmagic fr>
#p: +33 1 69 19 61 97