Daemons [Was: gob inside gnome-vfs ...]

<quote who="Alexander Larsson">

> Can we please have some sort of password/authentication caching daemon.

Hmm. Perhaps there should be some discussion at the summit about user
daemons, where they're appropriate, and how many we have. GNOME 2.0 already
has a whole bunch.

They're a bit of a pain from an administrative and support perspective,
things like oafd/bonobo processes lying around (Michael says the b-a one
cane be fixed now, with some careful thought), gconfd versions,
gnome-settings-daemon running or not, etc.

Just a thought, though I do agree with your point.

- Jeff

--
           "It's weird being without white noise." - Catie Flick