Re: random thought about bug-buddy (in the 'very long term thinking' category)

Hey,

> We're are you getting this condition from?
>
> When the release team recently reaffirmed that we officially support the
> old platform, I don't remember seeing this condition attached.
>
> This condition is essentially unworkable anyway. How do you prove this
> condition?

The reality is that unless people go out and actually fix the bugs you
can't actually make a statement of 'supporting' the old platform. Maybe
I'm getting confused with the term 'supporting' from a corporate
perspective. Right now, as ever, if you find a bug there is no way you
can force anybody to fix it other than you.

> My argument is that from the pool of people still dependent on the old
> platform, new hackers and bug fixers and bug triagers will always arise.

Absolutely, I would like to think that this is the case too...I'm just
confused by your comments saying 'We still support the old platform.
This is an official GNOME policy' and who this is directed towards.

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)