random thought about bug-buddy (in the 'very long term thinking' category)

So, this has a /bit/ to do with 1.4 support and such, but also just with
long-term planning. Would anyone object if future versions of bug-buddy
'expired' a year after being built? Like, run the binary, it checks the
date, if date is greater than one year after being built, it refuses to
run.

I do this because we still get reports from GNOME1.2, among other
things- basically all old, useless crash reports. So I'm thinking that
very old GNOME installations should have the ability to report crashes
disabled. Pop up a nice little 'your GNOME installation is over a year
old. Please upgrade to a newer version of GNOME. If you still wish to
report a bug against your current version, please go to
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/' dialog instead of bug-buddy.

Am I on crack? Any reasons to object to this?

Luis