Secondary proposal ;) [Was: Proposal for changes to gnome-announce]

<quote who="Havoc Pennington">

> Mikael Hallendal <micke codefactory se> writes:
> > As said, I think we should create another list for those that are not on
> > the current list. But don't change this list since we then would have to
> > move all of the current subscribers to a new list instead of those
> > interested in a list with less but more high quality could subscribe
> > themselves there.
>
> Note that it is not that hard to subscribe all the gnome-announce
> subscribers to another list. Not sure it matters, but just so people
> know...

This very true. I'm happy to create a new software announce list, copy the
subscribers across, and help admin the announce list to stop module specific
software announcements going through.

So we'd have:

  gnome-announce-list: Major release announcements, press releases, news.
  gnome-software-list: Individual module release announcements.

More thoughts? :-)

- Jeff

--
                         Grind'n'wink. That is all.