Proposal for changes to gnome-announce

Hi all,

So, a while back, there was some discussion about what kind of software
announcements were appropriate on gnome-announce list, specifically with
regards to the applist emails (which often had lowish quality info).

I think that gnome-announce should target casually interested users,
onlookers and general press, which would require a change to the kind of
stuff we publish there:

  - Major release announcements
  - General developer/user news (GWN)
  - Press releases

This leaves software announcements out of the picture, so an accompanying
announcement list for releases of *any* GNOME related software should be
made. This would be great for both distributors and really interested users.

I'm happy to do the work to make this happen, so please discuss and let me
know. :-)

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
   "Anyone getting 1 Gigabit/sec for $20 is tele-commuting from the year
                           2217..." - Paul Haddon