Re: Secondary proposal ;) [Was: Proposal for changes to gnome-announce]

Hi,

Can I ask what the evidence is that changing the list will make any
improvements to our PR?  Or for that matter where the original impetus for
this idea came from?

If the idea is to improve PR by having journalists and other 'casual users'
join the list them presumably there is some evidence to suppose this would
happen?

Personally, I would have thought that casual users and journalists are much
more likely to discover changes via gnotices/gnome-summary or general news
sites.  If I compare our list to our cousin project I find that theirs is for
the same purpose as our current list:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-announce&r=1&w=2

So unless there's a strong reason I can't see why we want to annoy 1500
subscribers ;-)

Cheers,

Steve