Re: Proposal for changes to gnome-announce

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 03:29, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Chema Celorio">
>
> > It doesn't make sense. The list is mostly used for software announcements
> > right now, where 1,592 [*1] members have subscribed for that purpose.
>
> But you agree with the general idea, rather than the list specifics?

I personally don't have a strong opinion either way. For things like:
"Major release announcements" & "Press releases" most likely the casual
user will get from a different soure, like a news site for example. For
"General developer/user news (GWN)" the gnome-summaries is the best way
to go.

That said i have nothing against having this new list, it doens't hurt
either.

regards,
Chema