Re: top 10 bugs [was Re: GtkHtml 1, 2 and 1->2]

Luis Villa wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 10:45, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Luis Villa <louie ximian com> writes:
> > >
> > > So, I lied- there is still at least one very visible, implementation
> > > incomplete bug- menu editing. It's still unclear how to do this or even
> > > if it can be done at all. If there is a top ten list soon that will be
> > > the #1 item on it, since it's not just a bug but a serious
> > > implementation question.
> > >

> > Indeed. I'd also consider the current lack of an
> > "appearance/themes/colors" capplet to be fairly significant.
>
> Yeah. This is one we'd all really like to see, I think*, but I don't
> think it's an obvious, huge blocker in the way that menu editing of the
> help system is. Very close, though.

It's also, ahem, an accessibility issue (of course).

Such a capplet would be a good place to put
a meta-themer thingy also, since we have an outstanding issue with,
for instance, yelp stylesheets and gtk+ using different
"theming" mechanisms.  A capplet that exposed both in one
window (optionally linked together) would provide an elegant solution
to this issue.  It could allow the user
to configure both at once, which fulfills the accessibility
requirement that no app go its own way and ignore "system"
theme settings.

Best regards,

Bill