Re: GtkHtml 1, 2 and 1->2

Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM> writes:
> > That's certainly the short-term plan, but these widgets involve a lot
> > of code, and we really need to pick one of them and push it to feature
> > completeness I think.
> >
> > I guess in the end it doesn't matter what we declare on the mailing
> > list - the issue is which one the people doing the work decide to work
> > on. Right now Ximian really wants to put effort into GtkHTML1, but it
> > sounds like Sun wants to do the accessibility work on GtkHTML2, so
> > it's sort of unclear.
> >

> gtkhtml2 will be in the Sun release - there is no chance of anything else
> hapenning given the present timelines - so a certain amount of maintenance
> will happen to it. To which level it will be completed as a merit of this
> is a biot unclear (other than rendering gnome help docs), but its also the
> only acessible html view on the horizon.

Yeah, at the moment Sun (and probably Red Hat too) "must" fix GtkHTML2
since we need Yelp to work in GNOME 2... but Ximian "must" fix
GtkHTML1 in order to port Evolution. So short-term probably there's no
way around having to fix both at least a bit.

However I'm hoping we can sort of be moving away from one of them...
maintaining both long term doesn't sound very fun to me.

> The present gtkhtml2 bug list is deceptively short for something
> supposedly non-feature complete anyways...

I think that's essentially a function of not having help wired up yet,
so no one is trying to use Yelp. Which is why wiring this up should
probably be priority "higher than anything else" in the bug tracker...

Havoc