Re: top 10 bugs [was Re: GtkHtml 1, 2 and 1->2]

Luis Villa <louie ximian com> writes:
> On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 15:56, Luis Villa wrote:
> > Luckily, that list
> > would be fairly short- there really aren't many of those type of bugs
> > left, unless there are some lurking deep in libraries with no
> > user-visible impacts visible yet. This help thing was far and away the
> > worst.
>
> So, I lied- there is still at least one very visible, implementation
> incomplete bug- menu editing. It's still unclear how to do this or even
> if it can be done at all. If there is a top ten list soon that will be
> the #1 item on it, since it's not just a bug but a serious
> implementation question.

Indeed. I'd also consider the current lack of an
"appearance/themes/colors" capplet to be fairly significant.

Moving into random pet issues of mine ;-) there's some sense that the
panel gconf setup needs a lot of work - I think we don't have a way to
lock down the set of existing panels, and the panel really doesn't
seem to handle notifications, and these things mean that we don't know
whether the schemas are correct. It also means the code is organized
in a wholly wrong way, using the "set value then assume the set
happened" method instead of the "set and then handle the notify in all
views" method. Possibly lots of work to address.

In gnome-terminal, the lack of "factory" mode and lack of "new window
with profile" are important feature gaps.

I guess we can probably live with punting all those things though,
which means we aren't all that doomed.

Havoc