Re: libxml2 in gnome 1.4

>   Reverting changes, no way. We may not ship head now but people
> must fix their bugs. One of the 2 key points I said I would support
> when running for the Board elections were conformance to standard
> and improve I18N handling. This change is a huge improvement in both
> directions, I won't step back without getting the feeling that a
> majority of people want to step back.

I of course do not want a step back, and my system is running happilly
with the new libxml, I have not noticed any problems (although spanish
lives happily in a latin-1 universe, maybe that is why I see no
problems).

As I said before, I am very interested in interoperability with other
XML systems. The correctness in libxml1 is important to me.  I would
really like to have your permission to ship libxml1 with Ximian GNOME,
as this was the kind of work we wanted to do anyways for the release.

We also need to figure out what the problems are with the new libxml1
(so I would appreciate if Maciej actually provided a detailed list of
the known problems)

Miguel.