xml-i18n-tools problem with quote characters

Translations have been showing up that use quote characters. At first, this
showed a problem in xml-i18n-tools, as this happened:

    <tag attribute="this is a "quoted" string">

So I fixed xml-i18n-tools to use an entity. Perhaps I should have used the
symbolic one, but I used the numeric, so now we get:

    <tag attribute="this is a &#34;quoted&#34; string">

Should this work? At the moment, libxml is treating the &#34 as the end of
the string.

Since the xml-i18n-tools fix didn't work, I decided to just remove the quote
marks from the translations as a stopgap until we had a solution. But now I
find that there are many quoted strings in the translations for Bonobo, too
many to delete quickly.

I'm trying to figure out a good interim solution to this short-term problem.

    -- Darin