libxml2 in gnome 1.4

   I know it is too late for including libxml2 in gnome 1.4, but maybe
the distributors could fix this problem.

   So we know that libxml2 is a lot better than libxml1, and I am
going to let Daniel of XML fame talk about the greatness of it.

   The reason we can not jump to xml2 is because it would break
applications that were developed against GNOME 1.2 (that is the first
time libraries were shipped with a dependency on libxml1) and are
being shipped binary-only.

   The only library that used libxml1 in GNOME 1.2 was libglade
(gnome-print did, but it was not part of the stable platform, and it
is binary incompatible with 1.2 anyways).

   A possible fix for this problem is to ship those libraries in
gnome-1.2 that required libxml1 with their old package names (this
means, we ship gnome-xml, libglade and we also ship a libxml2 package
and a libglade2 package, the later linked/compiled against libxml2).

Best wishes,
Miguel