Re: OO as GNOME software (topic change)

> I really think that if we wait until OpenOffice actually asks to be in
> a release, and then discuss how to do that (e.g. same as the "extra

I don't think that's in anyone's long-term interests. If there is a
chance we will say "No" to OO-inclusion, its only fair that Sun know
this well in advance to give them a chance to rectify the situation if
they desire. We want to help guide the project as early as possible, not
ask for last minute changes in order to be included in GNOME. I don't
know how interested Sun is in making OO a part of GNOME, but we should
send signals as early as possible to guide their decisions and
development process.

How would anyone gain if we were to reject OO for inclusion in GNOME on
the basis of it not using GTK+, but never provided any sort of
"warning"? I don't get a sense that the people making decisions about OO
have any idea that it is objectional to not use GTK+.

-Seth