Re: Bugzilla summary

Drazen Kacar <dave srce hr> writes:

> Does it hurt to have bigger list? If you include minor platforms by name,
> you are:
>
> a) showing that you care about them
> b) providing a search criteria for somebody who's an expert for some minor
>    platform. I suppose there are not too many people who are very familiar
>    with BSDI, for example. If one such person wants to find all bugs
>    logged for BSDI and do something about them, it would be useful to
>    have an easy way to list them all. Having generic BSD is much better
>    than only "Other," though. Maybe it's good enough, I'm not sure.

Well, the problem is a bit "will a bigger list be helpful or just confusing
for the person who's submitting the bug?" - if it's too confusing for them
we'll end up getting a lot of "Unspecified" or "Other" or even wrong platforms.

So I general BSD would be better IMO.

> Is there a way to add "me too" for another platform? If somebody logged
> a bug and checked IRIX, can I just add Solaris to his bug report, instead
> of submitting my own?

No, there can be only one platform and only one OS selected.

However, you since you can run a query over the whole bug contents you can
just provide some additional comments to this bug report which include the
word "Solaris" and you can then search for this.

You can, for instance use something like:

        Platform: Solaris

in your comment and then do a regexp search for this.

For instance, all bug-buddy submitted bugs already have this

---
Package:  gtop
Severity: normal
Version:  1.0.9
Synopsis: Gtop crash
Class:    sw-bug

System: Linux 2.2.14-5.0 i686 unknown
C library: glibc-2.1.3-15
C compiler: egcs-2.91.66
glib: 1.2.8
GTK+: 1.2.8
ORBit: ORBit 0.5.3
gnome-libs: gnome-libs 1.2.4
libxml: 1.8.9
gnome-print: gnome-print-0.20-0_helix_1
gnome-core: gnome-core 1.2.1
---

Since Bugzilla allows you to do regexp searches, you can explicitly search
for these fields.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)