Re: Bugzilla summary

Hi,

trying to make this a bit more productive, do you guys (all you who
commented so in detail about operating system names) really thing
this needs to be so much detailed here ?

I think we can pretty well go with a more general list like

        Platforms:

                Unspecified
                All
                Alpha
                Risc
                PowerPC
                Intel x86
                MIPS
                Sparc

        OS:

                Unspecified
                All
                AIX
                BSD
                HP-UX
                IRIX
                Linux
                Digital Unix
                SunOS/Solaris

where "Sparc" stands for any Sparc and "SunOS/Solaris" stands for any
"SunOS/Solaris".

People can include in their bug reports what exact platform and operating
system they have.

I think we really need to restrict these list to major, general platforms
and operating systems since otherwise we'd end up adding and adding and
adding stuff to this list while Bugzilla is already running.

> >         WORKSFORME
> >                 All attempts at reproducing this bug were futile, reading
> >                 the code produces no clues as to why this behavior would
> >                 occur. If more information appears later, please re-assign
> >                 the bug, for now, file it.
> >                 (some people suggested adding a new INCOMPLETE, but I think
> >                  we can use WORKSFORME for this).

Just got some feedback from a frequent bug reporter in personal mail and he
suggested to rename this to INCOMPLETE since this gives people a better idea
about what is wrong (the developer needs more info).

> One to throw in
>
> 	VOLUNTEER
> 		We accept it needs fixing but nobody has the time to do this
> 		job. We'll take submissions.
>
> (A handy one for hackers to search on when bored) - ok you actually covered
> this in keywords..

Yeah, I think it's not so good to have this as a bug status - for instance
you may want to keep a bug ASSIGNED to you but still appreciate some help with
it.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)