Re: Multi-sessioning for GNOME [revisited]

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 06:19:17PM +0100, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 12:03:00PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > jg pa dec com (Jim Gettys) writes:
> > > On this front, the other item people should be seriously thinking about
> > > is the ability to shift sessions from one X server to the other.
> [snip]
> > > I think we really all want to be able to move running applications,
> > > and the time is now...
> > This is easy in GTK, especially once we have multiple display
> > support. You just unrealize the widget, and re-realize it on another
> > display. Some people at Sun are working on the multiple display
> > support.
>   The idea of being able to unrealize my session at work and re-realize it
> when I come back at home sounds like the best improvement after complete
> I18N support I have heard in years !
>   Sure I would love to see this,

IMHO it would also be _very_ useful for gnome-compliant multi-head aware
windowmanagers, if they could send a gnome application from say
screen :0.0 to :0.1 or even to different displays...

--
Herbert Valerio Riedel      /     Finger hvr gnu org for GnuPG Public Key
GnuPG Key Fingerprint: AC2A CD57 A5C8 A1CB 0A18  DA95 CB0B DB23 60B6 16F5