Re: Multi-sessioning for GNOME [revisited]

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 12:03:00PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> jg pa dec com (Jim Gettys) writes:
> > On this front, the other item people should be seriously thinking about
> > is the ability to shift sessions from one X server to the other.
[snip]
> > I think we really all want to be able to move running applications,
> > and the time is now...
> >

> This is easy in GTK, especially once we have multiple display
> support. You just unrealize the widget, and re-realize it on another
> display. Some people at Sun are working on the multiple display
> support.

  The idea of being able to unrealize my session at work and re-realize it
when I come back at home sounds like the best improvement after complete
I18N support I have heard in years !
  Sure I would love to see this,

Daniel

--
Daniel Veillard w3 org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | libxml Gnome XML toolkit
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | http://xmlsoft.org/