Re: Bugzilla summary

Alan Cox wrote:
> > But UltraSPARC is just one (Sun's) implementation of SPARC V9 (and it has
> > some extensions). So why not sparc v9? After all, there is HAL's SPARC64,
> > which is 64-bit sparc, but it's not Ultrasparc.
>
> How about sparc and sparc64 ?
>
> Hopefully the confused will be happy to click sparc anyway

Fine by me. I just didn't understand if Ultrasparc extensions are important
enough to make it different architecture. AFAIK, currently there is no
Ultra specific code anywhere. OTOH, SPARC64 is HAL's trademark
<URL:http://mpd.hal.com/> and it might not be acceptable category name
for that reason. On the third hand, UltraSPARC is also a trademark and
refers to a specific implementation of sparc v9 architecture.

--
 .-.   .-.    Chaos, panic & disorder - my work here is done.