Re: Questions

delmar watkins wrote:

As to Ben Ford's comment of:

Ever used Bash?  ;)  That is what the tab is for!

Astute point, and BASH is certainly a really good shell.  The first thing I did on
my MacOSX box at home was donwload Bash so I coudl actually use the command shell.
So yeah, I realize that tab exists.  However, if you have ever used Cisco IOS, you
will see just how bad Bash is compared to a real command-line syntax created before
1980 (Actually, I don't know how old IOS is, but I think it was made after that, and
I think bash was made after that, too, but with the Same Old Syntax grafted on to it
<wink>).

Truly a fitting comment to a sarcastic ass like myself. :)

Another shell that has some great features is zsh. It actually has a rudimentary spell check built in.

qwerty% lls
zsh: correct 'lls' to 'ls' [nyae]?

--
"One trend that bothers me is the glorification of
stupidity, that the media is reassuring people it's alright not to know anything. That to me is far more dangerous than a little pornography on the Internet." - Carl Sagan