Re: Questions

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 02:03:21PM -0700, delmar watkins wrote:
> Please, oh god PLEASE put menu bars at the top where they belong!
>
> The gnome panel needs an applet that sucks up the focused window's mneu
> bar and displays it.  Oh yeha, and enforces the fact that things on teh
> gnome bar should hit the edge.

IIRC someone did put this hack in at some point, but it didn't work, or wasn't
pursued or something.  Check the list archives for the code, which I believe
was posted.

The reason for the hitting edge thing was to do with virtual desktops.  Under
a mac you have only one desktop, so your mouse can be shoved as far "off" the
edge of the screen as you want, but when I move my mouse to the edge, it pops
off into another desktop :)

alan

--
Arcterex <arcterex userfriendly org>   -==-   http://arcterex.net
"I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the isolation, I