Re: Gimp Menus.

thristian atdot org wrote:
> For what it's worth, I'd like to opine that Windows' MDI interface is
> one of the most annoying setups I've had the misfortune to use.

I agree, but the problem for me has always been that the "inner" MDI
windows operate differently from the "outer" windows. Resize is totally
different for example.

> despite its awesome complexity, X11
> doesn't actually support window-in-window MDI.

That's not true -- an X11 window manager is basically an MDI program.
There isn't much special about the "root" window in X. (Which is why
there are so many virtual root window managers...)

I've often wondered why Motif didn't have an MDI feature for mwm. It
would have been easy to implement and the target user community would
have probably seen MDI as a feature.

- Ken