Re: Gimp Menus.

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 12:12:52AM -0400, Ken Fox wrote:
> > despite its awesome complexity, X11
> > doesn't actually support window-in-window MDI.
>
> That's not true -- an X11 window manager is basically an MDI program.
> There isn't much special about the "root" window in X. (Which is why
> there are so many virtual root window managers...)

Well, I've always understood that the reason X11 has been pleasantly
free from such MDI programs (with the notable exception of things like
Star Office, Xnest, VMware and WINE in desktop mode) was that it was
technically infeasible. Perhaps it wasn't so much the fault of X11 as
the ICCCM or something...

--