Re: Basic Emulation Defaults

> Don't condescend.  You don't even know of my background beyond that one
> reply advocating certain defaults (meant to ease the transition of the
> majority of people).

Whoa, oops. I wasn't being condescending towards you! :)

I was really taking the weight out of my own post more than anything else -
I'm realy sorry if I came across differently, because I certainly wasn't
meaning to take personal swipes. :)

My reasoning was that, whilst we ought to be making users comfy, offering
them the ability to make it completely Windowsey (or whatever) at a whim as
my post about the CC idea implied, takes away from the GNOME platform as a
standard.

I'm sure we'll come up with a good set of defaults, so is it preferable to
allow the use of totally duplicated "legacy" platform settings, or to stake
a claim for our own (hopefully utterly brilliant) settings?

Tough call?

- Jeff

-- please excuse the email software :)
-- moses hasn't gnu parted the hard drives at work (yet)