Basic Emulation Defaults

> Yikes, I can see where this could get interesting real fast. I guess if
> something like this were to be done, it'd probably need an item in the
> Control Center for configuration?

Here's something that could be useful: A setting in the Control Centre for
selecting default values based on emulation of various systems, ie. MacOS,
Windows, Motif, etc.

So, if the tabbed accelerator key feature went in, it would be affected by
this setting (plus all the other settings would reflect your choice).

Two issues:

1) Desktops can then have markedly different settings, which may be awkward
for users who are configuration junkies (read: most users).

2) It's certainly not a "This is GNOME(/GTK), this is how it works" kind of
statement. Going down the compatibility for the sake of compatibility path
sounds decidedly OS/2. :)

- Jeff

-- please excuse the email software :)
-- moses hasn't gnu parted the hard drives at work (yet)